Deodorant

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Deodorant

Postby Lisa » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Dont know if this is any help, I have been using Nivea bodywash, and Nivea pearl and Beauty deodorant. Seems to work
Lisa

Re: Deodorant

Postby smelly » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Lisa,

thanks for that. i was told that dove was good, but I got a one with lemon in it and someone said I smelled of "p.ss" so I wont be using that again :lol:
smelly

Postby smelly » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Actually, on other sites they say we shouldnt use any fragrances at all becausse it magnifies the smell. Most of the time I can just smell the deoderant or perfume smell on me , and some people will even comment and say that s a really nice deoderant/perfume you're wearing, then a second later someone will come up to me holding their nose and pulling a disgusted face. :oops: guess you cant please all the people all the time!
smelly

Postby Lisa » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:17 am

Melly, I prefer to use deodorant, perfume. Can always smell it on me, n like you, people do say, "you smell nice". So, while it works I'll stick with it. Dont think it matters if we wear anythingor not tho tbh, if we're gonna smell, we're gonna smell.
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 am

smelly wrote:Lisa,

thanks for that. i was told that dove was good, but I got a one with lemon in it and someone said I smelled of "p.ss" so I wont be using that again :lol:

Try the blue Dove. Smells nice.
Lisa

Postby idealist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:22 am

I have been using Nivea too. I think it has helped somewhat. I am slightly worried that they will discontinue the one that I use 'Vitality Fresh.' It is always reduced to £1.00. I will use the same brand but a different scent if it is discontinued. I think you should change the type of body wash/deodorant/shampoo/ washing powder that you use every 6-12 months. After you have used a product for so long your body acclimatize to it and the nice smell of it appears to be less effective. It is similar to people who lose a lot of weight from dieting and then they can’t lose any more weight. They then have to try another method because their body has become use to their routine. I also find that as well as using deodarant for my underarms, bodyshop bodyspray is really good.
Last edited by idealist on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
idealist

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:31 pm

I am finding the blue dove deodorant stick to be very good.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby idealist » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 am

Left a post for Kittycat and thought it might be useful to others.

"Hi Kittycat have you tried Trust anti-odorant.

It eliminates underarm odour for a few days (tub lasts for about 3months). Apply at night and wash off in the morning :D
I discovered it 5 or 6 years ago. It is available at Boots £7-8. It really works. You do not have to use any other deodorant but if you have strong odour then use a body spray as well for extra protection.

I do not (normally) have a strong odour under my arms but it works for me in the summer and when I am stressed."

PS: the foot Trust anti - odorant does not work (for me)and it is hard to find.
idealist

Postby smelly » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Good one idealist ;)
smelly

Postby c64 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Well, I haven't found yet a deodorant that makes me smell better than without deodorant.
This is the full list of the deo's I tried:

- Some Vasenol one
- Rexona for Men Cobalt Blue Roll-on
- Nivea for Man Silver protect 48h spray
- Axe Dark Temptation (normal version, not the Dry)
- Adidas Action3 Pro level roll-on (the red one)
- Nivea for Man dry impact 48h roll-on
- Rexona for Men cobalt blue spray
- Dove Men+Care Clean Confort spray
- Fa Caribbean Lemon spray
- Loreal men expert carbon protect spray

I already lost the hope that deodorants will work for me, but I keep trying. Right now I'm using Old Spice Original, it seems to be nice but every deodorant I used always seemed like that at the begining, then started to make my odor even worse.

I never tried a clinical deodorant like Dryclor, I think I'll buy online some. Some reviews in amazon claim that Old Spice Sweat Defense works better than those clinical deodorants. What do you think?
c64

Next

Return to treatment