Have you tried?

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Have you tried?

Postby peony » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Has anyone had colonic irrigation? It would seem that cleansing this area would get rid of some undesirable matter an dclean up the system on one level?

Re: Have you tried?

Postby smelly » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:17 pm

sounds satisfying to have evrything blasted out :shock: , but I reada book by Pimental (IBS expert) who says its pointless, if your aim is to reduce the number of TMAU producing bugs, because they double in number every half an hour so you are back to where you started 2 days later. Plus if get a tear inside there you are in BIG trouble. I have known people get tears and/or infections from proper surgical investigations, and ended up with worse symptoms than the original problem, so no, not for me :|

Postby stinky17 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:40 pm

i had it done n it was ok 4 the first day but then came straight back n its expensive so theres not much point :)

Postby idealist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:03 am

Yes I have tried three rounds of colonic irrigation and the smell did not go. However I had regular bowel movement afterwads. I was lucky because I worked at a health centre and I had a discount. They can be pretty expensive and you need to have at least 3-4 rounds.

Postby Bastet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi, I think colonics irrigation is good for the overall health, and as personal experience it will help to diminish the odor for a couple of days because you have eliminated or reduce the bad bacteria in your colon which produces trimethylamine. But if you have TMAU, the smell will come back in full strength. I have found a good option to irrigation by using oxygenated colon cleanse, it gave me the same results, it also reduce the smell for a short time :roll: and it is much less expensive. I recomend to do a colon cleanse before starting the choline diet, or if you have intermittent odor and experiencing a heavy episode of odor. Also remeber to repopulate your colon with good bacteria by taking probiotics.

Return to treatment